Sunday, March 19, 2006

R & R

So for the past few days, I've been recovering. This translates to sitting on the couch watching hours of TV and DVDs. [Keep in mind that we have no cable.]I've also been visiting with family and friends and taking naps. And I pick up the occasional magazine but don't seem to have the attention span yet for a book. My latest cover to cover accomplishment was Star magazine. It was great! Now I know what NOT to wear to the Oscars.

My back actually hurts because of so much inactivity. I'm hoping Phil will have time to take me once around the block this afternoon. Even though it's cold out there, I'm willing to give it a whirl. I started my stretching exercises to get back range of motion. Right now these are just "wall climb" stretches.

I actually put the timer on for 15 minutes and did a little de-cluttering around the house. Seeing nice clean counters and other flat surfaces makes me feel in control.

I haven't had to cook since I got home Wednesday. So many people have come over with wonderful meals or take out gift certificates. This is great because Phil is stretched pretty thin keeping up on the house and kid chores. And of course, waiting on me hand and foot. Today Joe made me a grilled cheese for lunch since Phil, Kate and Steve were out.

I'll post more pictures of the beautiful flowers that I've received as soon as the loopiness wears off. I'm down to a half painkiller alternating with 2 xtra strength tylenols every 6 hours. Today I've had zero pain but I think I'm also getting better at avoiding the things that cause me pain (e.g., getting up the wrong way.)

I think the next stage of recovery for me is to keep moving and getting back my range of motion. No weight training or vigorous cardio until I have the drain removed. I have to make my first post-op visit this coming week. Hopefully, the drain will be removed and I'll get my pathology results.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

As always you are doing an excellent job, even in recovery! I'm glad you are taking it easy and everyone is being so helpful. Listening to podcasts may be a good relaxer and change of pace from TV (hint hint). I also know plenty of timekillers on the computer (crosswords, sudoku puzzles) you may want to check out - keeps your brain exercised at least.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home