Friday, February 24, 2006

Pineapple

So I've heard this from two different people who don't know each other....

supposedly, if you eat pineapple before surgery then you will have reduced swelling and bleeding.

so of course, I had to look this up on the web.

There were plenty of hits that confirmed the information. And plenty of products that you can buy to increase your Bromelain intake. Bromelain is the enzyme in pineapple that we're exploiting here. The info on how long prior to surgery you should increase your intake was not consistent.

I'll stick with my fresh cut pineapple from now until the knife. Oh and for a little afterward too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...my friend Gloria told me this same pineapple lesson, so it might actually be true.

Either way....the Vitamin C is good for you....and the sweet juicy taste of fresh pineapple is to reason enough to go for it anyways! (Yummm...that sounds so good, I'm going to have to get one myself tonight!)

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home